HBCU for Life: A Call to Action
Members engage activities that support Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) by highlighting HBCUs and their contribution to the sorority and society and by providing an annual scholarship to an HBCU student.
Alpha Kappa Alpha will assist students as they seek admission to college by providing guidance and support in completing the application and enrollment process through the 2018-2022 Signature Program, #CAP .
Rising Juniors and Seniors Enroll Below!
Alpha Kappa Alpha will expose students to arts enrichment and culture by focusing on visual and performing arts and by showcasing talent through the exploration of writers, entertainers and various other artists.
• Salute to the Harlem Renaissance will celebrate the contributions of African-American artists during the Harlem Renaissance through student research and chapter sponsorship of student talent showcases. This initiative will correlate with HBCUs and African-American culture and will include colleges with art collections.
• Salute to the Black Arts Movement will focus on student research and celebration of African-American artists during the Black Arts Movement. Chapters will champion activities that express the movement message and highlight members of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority who served as leaders and participants. Activities will include art events, poetry slams, dancing, painting, and performing arts.
Women's Healthcare and Wellness
Alpha Kappa Alpha will continue to raise community awareness of critical health issues impacting African-American women. The primary focuses will be breast cancer awareness and prevention, heart health, nutrition and wellness, and care for the caregivers.
• Breast Cancer Awareness and Prevention focuses specifically on early detection through mammograms to improve the survival rate of women diagnosed with breast cancer.
• Heart Health remains a focus as the sorority enhances its commitment to healthy hearts through fitness activities and walking.
• Nutrition and Wellness will emphasize healthy lifestyles including prenatal, childhood, adult, and senior nutrition programs.
• Care for the Caregivers places emphasis on taking care of those who take care of others.
Building Your Economic Legacy
Chi Eta Omega emphasizes financial planning, asset accumulation, and wealth building including savings and investments, managing debt, and improving credit.
• Personal Financial Planning and Asset Accumulation. Financial
Freedom Legacy Workshops will be conducted in partnership with local certified financial planners who will share information on saving, investing, and retirement planning.
• Credit Repair and Monitoring. This initiative focuses on ways to repair credit and improve credit scores including how to check for inaccurate or outdated information in credit reports, and how to protect against both identity theft and unauthorized credit history use.
• Entrepreneurship and the Black Dollar 365. This initiative will highlight and promote successful African-American owned businesses with an aim toward spawning new entrepreneurial ventures in our communities by encouraging intentional support and leveraging the power of the black dollar 365 days a year.
• Operation AKA Assist. This initiative will focus on implementing programs to assist those in need in various communities by directing attention to the plight of the homeless, including homeless children, and homeless veterans. Chapters will partner with or adopt a shelter, a transitional home or an organization that provides assistance to these needy populations.
Chi Eta Omega implements the Alpha Kappa Alpha will engage in programming designed to enhance the international footprint of the sorority. Chi Eta Omega participates in National Global Impact Day, Soles 4 Souls. and the Lions Club International.